This is a great opportunity for an A+ “mental athlete” who wants to move on from their first job, is driven, entrepreneurial and loves to accomplish goals. You will start by taking on an extremely disparate set of “problems” or projects that, if solved successfully, could significantly add to the value we produce for clients and/or the productivity of our firm.
You will work closely with the firm’s founder, who is a successful entrepreneur and a luminary in the field of boutique consulting. As a Consulting Assistant, you will have limited, direct interaction with clients; however, there is an opportunity to expand your responsibilities with the firm.
The Consulting Assistant is responsible for tackling a steady stream of issues, ideas, problems and opportunities raised by the senior members of the firm. These tasks are extremely wide ranging and will require mental agility to complete. In addition, this role delivers the “first line of consulting” in many situations, such as drafting proposals, drafting advisory plans, and creating a recommendations presentation.
This role also assists our current administrative staff in providing administrative support for one or more of the firm’s most senior personnel,
- Research, collect and analyze data, ideas, information to solve a wide variety of problems.
- Develop thoughtful, well-reasoned recommendations for a wide variety of opportunities and issues.
- Edit/enhance presentations and documents developed by other team members.
- Investigate, learn, use, and make recommendations on software solutions.
- Find solutions to myriad problems, ranging from technical, IT challenges to social interaction challenges to email deliverability, social media, and more.
- Create clear, well-written, aesthetically pleasing documents and presentations.
- Support a Principal Consultant with calendaring of meetings, production of presentations and documents, setup of notes for future meetings, sending recap notes, and formatting documents.
- Interact with clients, as required, primarily to schedule meetings and occasionally to conduct interviews and/or collect data.
- Edit video and audio files
- Analyze client information (processes, websites, public information) and developing a concise, insightful assessment of the client’s position in the marketplace, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Analyze financial information and use all available data to create a spreadsheet-based analysis
- Develop/create macros, applets and other methods for manipulating and communicating data
- Develop summaries and presentations after client work sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proven track record of A+ performance
- Positive, upbeat, go-getter attitude
- Extreme mental agility and all-around “smarts”
- Ability to excel with limited direction
- Dedication and perseverance
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Mature, professional demeanor
- Quick learner with broad skill set
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player
We are a very small consulting practice that provides advisory services to other small consulting firms from startups to $100 million. Our firm is led by a thought leader who is world-renowned in our field and we have extensive, highly-regarded intellectual property.
Our business has outgrown our team’s ability to handle all the work. We are looking for an individual who can tackle a wide range of projects that will benefit the firm and our clients, and who can also provide light, administrative support for a Principal in the firm.
Remote, home office. You must be in the USA or Canada; Eastern and Central time zones.
To apply for this job please visit www.recruiter.com.