Manage receivables through risk assessments for credit policy exceptions, monitoring status, and coordinating activities supporting the company’s customer credit and collections policies for residential and small commercial accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area from an accredited four-year university is strongly preferred.
- Six months to two years of credit and collections experience required. Banking experience preferred.
- Normal office environment
- Office Hours: 8 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday.
- Overtime required when necessary.
- Work may involve dealing with people in an unpleasant or strained situation.
- Occasional Travel
Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Apply the company’s credit and collection policies, practices, and procedures to the credit requirements of designated customer accounts.
- Review files, reports, and credit bureau documents, and financial statements of customers to ensure they meet deposit requirements.
- Extend credit to customers in accordance with established policy and terms.
- Analyze customer’s financial situations and determine whether to extend credit beyond established policy criteria.
- Analyze credit risk for aggregated portfolios of customers as well as individual accounts.
- Carry out the established program for the follow-up and collection of accounts receivable.
- Communicate requests with management for special applications for credit that are outside of standard policies and procedures.
- Investigate and prepare findings to complaints from customers for the development of a response to the Public Utility Commission, consumer advocates, media, and management.
- Evaluate customer eligibility (i.e. low-income status) for PUC-mandated activities and programs.
- Process development and implementation of credit policies/procedures.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient mathematical/analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers using a telephone instrument or in-person while maintaining composure and control.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to read and understand contractual documents and prepare company correspondence.
- Analyze customer accounts, spreadsheets, and databases to resolve customer issues.
- Must be detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Flexible to adapt effectively to new and changing responsibilities and situations
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and other related applications.
- Positions available for English-only and English/Spanish speaking representatives a plus.
- Skip tracing experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.recruiter.com.