System and Equipment Policy
Once accepted as an independent agent, there are a few things that you need to start working online with NVA Virtual Solutions:
- A quiet place to work online. It’s critical to prevent background noise on calls by choosing a distraction-free area where callers can’t hear any sounds such as kids, barking dogs, traffic, doorbells, TVs, radios, etc.
- A corded headset compatible with this telephone
- A computer with a wired connection to the internet
While most independent agents choose to work from home, you can choose to work from any location that meets the requirements for the opportunity you select.
Telephone and headset requirements
Some NVA Virtual Solutions opportunities require a dedicated landline with telephone service and a corded headset, while others allow the use a soft phone (VoIP or a computer and a USB headset). We’ll provide additional information once you’ve qualified for an opportunity.
FOR A LANDLINE:
- Plain old telephone service (POTS) from your local telephone company, or digital telephone service from AT&T Uverse, Verizon FIOS, Comcast Digital Voice, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, or similar.
- A corded telephone (no wireless phones or cellular phones). Your phone does not need to be fancy as long as it is corded and can be plugged directly into a wall phone jack and has a place to plug in a headset. Many agents use a basic landline phone.
- A corded headset that is compatible with, and plugs directly into, your corded phone. Some agents purchase a corded headset phone in lieu of a separate phone and headset.
Important: If a landline is required by the client, VoIP (voice-over IP) phone services (such as Skype, Vonage and Magic Jack), cellular phones, or satellite phones are not allowed.
FOR VOIP ON APPLICABLE PROGRAMS:
- A USB headset that is compatible with your computer.
- If you do not wish to purchase a VoIP phone, you will need an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) to convert your current home phone into a VoIP-optimized phone.
Whether using landline or VoIP service, all features, including call waiting and voicemail, must be disabled. You will not need long distance service to connect with callers. Some agents choose to use long distance service to dial into the virtual classroom learning sessions for certification instead of connecting via computer and VoIP (phone service over the internet), but this is not required.
Minimum Windows Computer Requirements
Your work-from-home business will need a personal desktop computer or laptop that meets the following requirements and is connected to the internet via a cable connected to your DSL or Cable Modem (NO wireless connectivity):
- Processor: 1 GHz Intel Pentium P4 processor or better
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM Memory or more
- Operating System: Must be one of the following:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 (Please note that Windows 10 is not compatible with all NVA Virtual Solutions clients. Review the opportunity description for specific program requirements.)
- Browser: Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox (latest version)
- Java: Java 8.121
- Monitor: Capable of displaying at least 1024 X 768 pixels
- Sound: Must have a sound card installed and be equipped with speakers or headphones. Sound cards are often included in computers and are needed to allow you to hear audio.
Minimum MAC Requirements
Macs must have an Ethernet port. MacBook Air and Mac USB-C ports will not be supported. Boot Camp and a licensed version of Windows (please see above for acceptable Windows operating systems) MUST be installed. Please note that NVA Virtual Solutions Technical Support WILL NOT be able to provide assistance with the installation of Boot Camp and/or Windows or any
questions related to it.
- CPU Speed:
- Intel Core i5 2.7 GHz processor or better
- Hard Drive:
- 20 GB or more of available space
- 60 GB or more of total space
- 4 GB of RAM or better
- Operating System:
- MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher
- Standard Connection and Speed
- Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Minimum 10 mbps download
- Minimum 3 mbps upload
- Hard-wired connection (no wireless)
- Maximum Latency Threshold:
- 120 milliseconds (ms)
- Monitor Recommendations:
- 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p)
- Dual monitors may be required on some client programs
- USB Headset: a headset that plugs into your computer may be used during conference calls and/or certification sessions.
Important: Agents must service on the computer they use to perform the PC Scan at time of
enrollment. If it is determined the computer is different than the one used at time of
enrollment, and it is incompatible with the client program, neither a refund nor a voucher
will be issued. Some clients and opportunities may have additional computer requirements such as different operating system requirements, a second monitor, or the ability to use client-specific software. If you are interested in providing services to these clients as an opportunity to make more money for your home-based business, you will be able to review the additional computer requirements during the application process. Requirements are subject to change at NVA Virtual Solutions’ sole discretion.
Computer & virus protection
It is strongly recommended that you configure your computer system in accordance with Microsoft’s recommendations as outlined on their Protect Your PC website. These steps include:
- Enable and configure the Windows Update module to update automatically
- Enable Windows standard firewall
- Install Anti-Virus software and configure it to automatically update
- Install Adware software to protect from spyware, malware, etc.
Your internet connection should be via a DSL or cable modem connected to the internet.
Your computer needs to be physically connected to the modem by a cable. Wireless connectivity, such as connectivity via a wireless router, is not acceptable.
Important: Dial-up internet service is not supported. You must be using a high-speed internet connection.